How do I get a Conservation Plan?
Conservation Plans are available through the Pierce Conservation District (PCD) and the Natural Resources Conservation Service. The primary role of the Pierce Conservation District is to encourage, provide information, education and provide assistance to help landowners manage and use their natural resources wisely. The guiding philosophy of the Conservation District is that decisions on conservation problems should be made on the local level, by local people, with technical assistance provided by the available agencies.

When you request a Conservation Plan from PCD, your name is placed on a list. A PCD Resource Technician or a Conservationist from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will contact you to schedule an appointment with you at your farm. An inventory is taken of your farm and the available resources. This includes an inventory of the soils, plants and water resources, wildlife and fisheries habitat, available acreage for animal use, type and number of animals being raised, farm buildings and machinery, and how the farm is being managed.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Conservation Plan?
2. How do I get a Conservation Plan?
3. What is included in my Conservation Plan?
4. What is the Agriculture Community of Interest?