February 20, 2023
Silver Creek Work Party
Monday, February 20, 2023
Activities will include maintaining existing plantings, mulching and taking out invasive plants. Exact address will be provided on sign up.
What will volunteers be doing at the event?
While the exact tasks at hand vary, our projects focus on improving the open spaces, forests, and parks in our local cities. Healthy ecosystems and thriving forests are vital to our community because they absorb and naturally filter rain water, produce clean oxygen, provide living spaces for wildlife, and create a place for people to connect with the outdoors.
In order to create healthy forests and riparian zones, the work can include:
- Planting healthy trees and shrubs
- Removing invasive species of plants
- Reed Canary Grass
- Himalayan Blackberry
- English Ivy
- Caring for existing and previous plantings
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Clothing that can get dirty
- Long pants and sleeves
- Sturdy shoes (closed toed shoes required, no sandals or flats)
- Rain gear and warm layers (the event will happen rain or shine)
- Full water bottle!
Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.