Urban Tree Sale
Our Urban Tree Sale program aims to help residents across Pierce County receive significantly discounted trees and provides the resources necessary to properly plant them around their homes.
Planting these trees helps to clean our air and water, make our streets more walkable, and our neighborhoods and watersheds healthier.
By supplying affordable trees along with the education and support needed for their long-term success, Pierce Conservation District aims to increase canopy cover throughout Pierce County while supporting the communities that have much to gain from the many benefits of urban trees.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Melissa, our Water Quality Program Director.
- Up to three landscape size trees for 50-85% off retail. We offer a variety of small, medium, and large trees appropriate under power lines, along the street, or in the yard.
- A free watering bag with each tree purchased ($15 value each).
- Expert training on proper tree placement, planting and care.
- Ongoing care reminders and access to future workshop opportunities.
Participants Agree to:
- Select tree types appropriate for their space.
- Attend one of three mandatory* Planting & Care workshops in the Fall.
- Pick up their tree(s) after attending a Planting & Care workshop (trees will be available on site).
- Only plant trees in approved locations (trees must be planted at the address on the application).
- “Call Before You Dig” and properly plant trees in the ground (not in pots!).
- Assume all future maintenance & responsibility (summer watering, raking, pruning, mulching, etc.).
How It Works:
- Evaluate your property for potential planting sites.
- Reserve trees through our Online Store.
- After you order your tree, sign up for one of our three workshops HERE!
- Attend a planting workshop to learn about proper tree planting and care, and bring home your new tree(s).
- Workshops will be held at:
Tacoma - Stewart Heights Park, October 12th, 2019 at 10:00am
Puyallup - Pierce Conservation District, November 2nd, 2019 at 10:00am
Parkland - Sprinker Recreation Center, November 16th, 2019 at 10:00am
- Plant, mulch, and enjoy your new tree(s)!
- Stay in contact - we want you to keep in touch.