Pierce Conservation District’s Urban Tree Sale helps residents across Pierce County plant trees around their homes and along their streets through significantly discounted trees, planting resources, education, and ongoing support. Planting trees will help clean our air and water, make our streets more walkable, and our neighborhoods healthier.
By supplying affordable trees along with the resources for long-term success in caring for the tree, Pierce Conservation Districts aims to increase canopy cover in Pierce County while supporting the communities that gain most from the many benefits of urban trees.If you have any questions, email Melissa.
- Up to three landscape size trees for 50-75% off retail. We offer a variety of small, medium, and large trees appropriate under power lines, along the street, or in the yard.
- A free watering bag with each tree purchased ($15 value each)
- Expert training on proper planting and care
- Ongoing care reminders and access to future workshop opportunities
Participants Agree to:
- Select tree types appropriate for their space.
- On your application, indicate if the tree will be planted along a street
- Pickup your trees and attend a Planting & Care workshop
- Only plant trees in approved locations (trees must be planted at the address on the application)
- Street trees must be approved by the jurisdiction in which the tree(s) will be planted
- “Call Before You Dig” and properly plant trees in the ground (no pots!)
- Assume all future maintenance & responsibility (summer watering, raking, pruning, mulching, etc.)
How It Works:
- Evaluate your property for potential planting sites
- Reserve trees through the online store
- Attend a planting workshop to learn about proper planting and care, and bring home your new trees
- Plant, mulch, and enjoy your new tree
- Stay in contact